Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Codecademy Is Great

If you want to learn the basics of coding, then Codecademy is a great resource.  It's free, so you might as well check it out.  They have interactive lessons that aren't videos but are cool and fun enough to keep your attention.  My qualm with it is the lack of personal interaction and the lack of a full library.  This is something that they will come up with over time, and I can't really complain at the moment because it's free.  Overall, it's amazing and I would highly recommend it.  I would also recommend supplementing with another resource like Lynda or Team Treehouse.  Those are both really good options for learning coding as well.

I guess this was a short post, but hopefully it was inspiring for you and will help push you over the edge to get started with coding today.  If anything, I think that Codecademy would inspire you and motivate you to learn more.  It's not going to take you where you would like to go by yourself, BUT it will get you started, help you learn the basics, and push you to learn and investigate more of what is the world of coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment